Photographing in the rain is not easy, and here's some tips that probably won't help you but me:
1. Get a weather-seal-magnesium-alloy-made camera and shut up!
2. Keep your hood up and walk on.
3. Let your lens and camera get wet, it's okay, wipe it instantly and let those dry-cabinets do their job.
4. Enjoy the gloomy-dreary light.
5. Think in monochrome!
6. Stop chimping and keep your eyes open on interesting subjects.
How splendid we have something in such plentiful supply falling from the sky? Mizzle, drizzle, cats and dogs! Trust me! There's no reason to stop walking just because monsoon has arrived. Walking in the rain! Bold and survive!